Your dreams are in reach. Just take it one step at a time.
Complete these steps for a stress-free registration day.
If you have questions about your financial plan, contact Student Financial Services at 402.486.2505, email@example.com or make an appointment online.
2. Fill out the FAFSA (at studentaid.gov)
- The fastest way to complete the form is to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool on the FAFSA.
- Union's school code is: 002563.
- Priority deadline for completing the FAFSA is May 15 of each year.
3. Complete the Union College online "My Financial Aid" questionnaire
You'll be prompted by email to access your Portal account once you've been accepted.
- When you've logged into Portal, click "My Financial Aid," make sure the top right drop-down bar reads the correct year you are applying for (for instance "2023/2024," then under the menu select the "Financial Questionnaire."
- If you have not gotten the Portal instructions after being accepted, double check that we have your correct email address (see contact us below).
- Priority deadline for completing the questionnaire is May 15 of each year.
4. Confirm details in "My Financial Aid"
Once your FAFSA and questionnaire have been received and processed, you will be notified of your awards, aid eligibility and payment plan by email.
- On the My Financial Aid portion in the Portal, click on "Accept/Decline Awards" to accept, decline or revise your financial awards.
5. Finish all other financial paperwork
Complete and sign any additional items listed under the "To Do" tab in My Financial Aid in Portal.
6. Make your first payment at www.ucollege.edu/pay
- Your non-refundable confirmation deposit will allow you to start registering for classes. It will be automatically applied to your first month's payment.
- Nursing students pay a $400 confirmation deposit for application fees (no additional deposit fee).
- The first payment for spring semester is due by January 15.
- The first payment for fall semester is due by August 15.
- Whenever these deadlines are a Saturday, the deadline is moved two days—to Monday.
Returning student deadlines
All students must have their balance paid in full before they can complete registration for the next semester.